Welcome to PressWork!

Want to ask a question or join the discussion? Great! Join now.

In this Discussion

Multiple Headers in PressWork
  • Hello PressWork!

I'm currently tinkering with PressWork to see if it's right for me & So far I'm very impressed :)

I was wondering if you could suggest a method of calling multiple headers - i.e. to have one page (template) with a different header colour or maybe a slideshow etc.

I've tried a couple of tutorials but the header seems to work differently with the snazzy drag and drop stuff you have.

I tried this method:

if (is_page('contact')){
    <?php include(TEMPLATEPATH.'/headercontact.php'); ?>
    }
    elseif (is_page('gallery')){
    <?php include(TEMPLATEPATH.'/headergallery.php'); ?>
    }
    else {
    <?php include(TEMPLATEPATH.'/headerdefault.php'); ?>
    }

Any help would be much appreciated .... Thanks!!

Post edited by DeepTitanic at 2011-08-31 12:32:13
  • Oh And I'm using a child theme ... Cheers!
  • OK I just managed to figure it out !

Hopefully this will help someone else ... my excuse is that all the tuts I'd read on other sites were all overly complex.

I created a custom page template called colour.php and added a new header file called header-colour.php

I then added this code to colour.php

<?php<br />/*
    Template Name: Colour
    */

get_header('colour'); ?>

Here's the link to the article

http://www.techiegyan.com/2010/08/13/change-headers-for-different-pages-wordpress/

Laterz :)
    Post edited by DeepTitanic at 2011-08-31 14:06:21
  • There seems to be something weird going on with the code quote .. It's adding a

tag ... anyway ignore that part!
    Post edited by DeepTitanic at 2011-08-31 14:08:40
  • You can also use actions.php to create a custom action block to perform this function, this is the recommended way.

see http://presswork.me/2011/custom-css-and-custom-actions/
    Post edited by digibomb at 2011-09-01 11:45:12
    image Co-Founder of PressWork & Senior Designer/Evangelist

• Fendi handbags are among the most versatile items

To go as accessories, Fendi handbags are among the most versatile items in the wardrobe of a woman. They must fit not only the Fendi pockets of the clothes in your closet, but there are different pockets for different occasions.Sometimes you just need a clutch of simple building blocks needed for one night. Sometimes you need a big pocket to reach large, which is needed throughout the day. There are pockets of work, food, replica fendi handbags, laptops, diaper bags, Fendi handbags and even people.
    There are many different sizes, colors, styles and materials that may help some women and not even with more than you really need to buy. Fendi Replica hermes handbagsLuxury can both functional and elegant. There are a fashion accessory.To understand how the designer Fendi handbags are really in demand and ensure that their collections are only a few. Create Because of these high-end designers, these pieces are designer replica miu miu handbagsare expensive.