Welcome to PressWork!

Want to ask a question or join the discussion? Great! Join now.

In this Discussion

Briefcase Custom CSS instead of Child Theme?
  • Can I use the Custom CSS function in Briefcase in place of making my own Child Theme? If so, are there instructions for using Custom CSS besides the CSS Tutorials (which are very helpful in general but don't include specifics for use in PW)?
  • You can use BC and the Custom CSS editor on any theme. If you are familiar with CSS then all you really need to do is take a look at the source code of your page. That will show you if the element you want to style has a class or ID, or if it is contained within a div or HTML tag that has a class or ID. You could also use a tool called Firebug for Firefox. to help you with figuring out what CSS you need to use.
    image Senior Developer & Co-Founder of PressWork
  • cbavota,

I've noticed that throughout your posts you recommend Firebug for Firefox. I have been playing with the "Inspect element" tool while using Google Chrome 14 beta. Have you found that Firefox Firebug is easier to use or provides more options than trying to use Chrome's built in tool ? Should I switch ?

Shapeshifter
  • I prefer Firebug on Firefox. The Chrome version is still new and not s user friendly. Just my opinion :)
    image Co-Founder of PressWork & Senior Designer/Evangelist
  • Thank You,

I'll give it a try.

Shapeshifter
  • Chrome is a faster browser but Firebug makes it allot easier to see whats going on via the inspect element function. Firebug is the reason I always have at least two browsers open. Firefox and Chrome.
    Even Paul Irish a front end developer for Google uses Firebug.
    Googles Pendule is still good for some things
  • Matter of taste actually, I personally prefer Chrome development tools, maybe because I'm used to them, I found they have very cool features for debugging.
    There's a Firebug version for Chrome anyway, but it's "lite" http://getfirebug.com/releases/lite/chrome/
    I don't know if it's good enough
    image PressWork Support Moderator