Welcome to PressWork!

Want to ask a question or join the discussion? Great! Join now.

In this Discussion

Centering of Blog Title and Other Headings
  • Howdy,

I just switched the content of a WordPress 3.2 blog from a theme to the PressWork Framework. I was wondering how to do the following:

1. Center my Blog Title and other headings (not all, just some).
    2. Change my Blog Posts from 2 columns to 1 wide one.
    3. Increase the Height of my Header Image.
    4. Move both my categorized Posts & Static Links to the applicable Page
    Categories: Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced.

Any comments or ideas on the above questions, AND review comments on my website would be appreciated. Here's my link:

http://Toolbox-4-Websites.com
    Post edited by Shapeshifter 3 at 2011-10-01 11:36:45
  • cbavotacbavota
    This answer was Accepted.
    1. You need to use CSS to center any element on a page. If you are using the blogname the following would center it:
    #blogname { text-align: center; }

2. Make all posts full width:
    .home article { width: 100%; margin-right: 0 !important; }

3. The default header image height is 160. You can change that defining a constant in your child theme's functions.php file:
    define('HEADER_IMAGE_HEIGHT', 160);

4. I don't really understand what you are trying to do.
    image Senior Developer & Co-Founder of PressWork
  • First of all, I'm tickled to death that the founder/developer of a company would even take time to respond to my request. So, a super Thank You, from me. I appreciate your answers to numbers 1-3, and I will change them. My intent on idea #4 was to split all categorized Posts and Links into separate tabbed pages labeled as Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced with the idea of not overwhelming a first time viewer on the Home Page. I originally had a Drudge Report style 3-column layout, which I was told by various people scared them with too much detail. In other words, I was trying to simplify a first-time users experience and not scare them away. I just haven't figured out how to split Posts & Static Links onto categorized pages. Any how, thank you again for your help.

shapeshifter
    Post edited by Shapeshifter 3 at 2011-09-29 19:14:43