Welcome to PressWork!

Want to ask a question or join the discussion? Great! Join now.

In this Discussion

How Do I Change My User Name?
  • Howdy,

I would like to change my PressWork Support Forum username to match what I use on 3 other sites. I would like to Capitalize "shapeshifter"; add a space after the name; and add the number 3 following the space. The end result would be: Shapeshifter 3.

Can this be done? Is it allowed by the developers? If not, why not?

Is it better to just create a new username (Shapeshifter 3) and then either transfer or forward my current posts into the new name?
  • cbavotacbavota
    This answer was Accepted.
    If you click on your name in the menu above, where is says "Dashboard, Discussions, etc..." you should be brought to a page where you can change your username.
    image Senior Developer & Co-Founder of PressWork
  • cbavota,

When I do the above, and click on "Edit My Account", I get a pop-up menu.
    That menu gives me 4 options: "Username", "Email", "Allow other users to see your email", and "Gender"....the Username box does not allow me to enter any changes. I've tried 3 browsers (Google Chrome 15.0.874.83, Firefox 7.0.1, and IE 9 with compatibility mode off). None of them allow me to change my Username......they are blocked.

I tried to set up a new account with Shapeshifter 3 using my same email address. Your Forum Provider wouldn't let me do that either. I'd have to provide both a new Username and a new Email Address. I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

Any ideas?
    Post edited by Shapeshifter 3 at 2011-10-11 22:03:29
  • cbavotacbavota
    This answer was Accepted.
    Weird. I did it for you. I guess there is some kind of feature turned off that allows users to edit their accounts. I'll look into this.
    image Senior Developer & Co-Founder of PressWork
  • cbavota,

That's what I figured. I had briefly gone to Vanilla's website listed as your support forum provider, but could not figure out what to do. Thank You for changing it for me.