Welcome to PressWork!

Want to ask a question or join the discussion? Great! Join now.

In this Discussion

BriefCase SEO vs. Yoast's SEO
  • I know that BriefCase has an SEO feature. Is it intended to be used on its own, or would I still want to use Yoast's SEO along with the BriefCase SEO?

I haven't been able to find a detailed description of the BriefCase SEO features and a comparison with other SEO plug-ins.
  • BriefCase's SEO section is all you need to set up your site's SEO. The tools are exactly what I use on bavotasan.com and my SEO indexing is pretty up there. A plugin like Yoast's SEO has way more features but I prefer having basic features that get the job done and do it well.
    image Senior Developer & Co-Founder of PressWork
  • I like using Yoast's SEO, but it terrifies non-techie people. At the same time, there are a few things that would really be great in the briefcase SEO:

Don't make the briefase SEO more complex to use. The simplicity is its big advantage.

I would like automatic insert of SEO titles, descriptions, etc.

Also, a preview of what the search engine entry might look like would be great.

Maybe, suggested keywords, with rankings from google, etc.

AGAIN: Stuff that makes the basic briefcase SEO functionality easier and more effective to use without getting into all of the esoteric stuff in Yoast's SEO!
  • cbavota said:

BriefCase's SEO section is all you need to set up your site's SEO. The tools are exactly what I use on bavotasan.com and my SEO indexing is pretty up there. A plugin like Yoast's SEO has way more features but I prefer having basic features that get the job done and do it well.

I rejected your answer only because I thought that was the only way to pursue this topic further without creating another thread.

• If you don't insert a custom title, description or keywords, Briefcase will automatically use the post title, the excerpt and the tags. That happens automatically.

I've added your other suggestions to my list for future updates.

Thanks.
    image Senior Developer & Co-Founder of PressWork