Welcome to PressWork!

Want to ask a question or join the discussion? Great! Join now.

In this Discussion

Multiple Sections for Header
  • First, I have to say I am really impressed with Presswork, so great job everyone and thank you for making it!

I really love how it does not make me feel overwhelmed by theme options, especially when usually they are plugins that already do a great job (ie: contact forms, seo, google analytics, etc.) - and don't need reconfigured every time you change themes!

One thing I noticed today while playing with the demo is the header banner area is one full width section area. It would be nice if there were multiple sections (ie: a left section for the logo and a right section for social icons or advertisements or even a nav. menu).

I know how to do this manually in a child theme for my own needs, but just thought I'd throw it out there for consideration in maybe a future update if it's not already in the works.

Keep up all the great work!
    Post edited by digibomb at 2011-07-27 09:30:34
  • digibombdigibomb
    This answer was Accepted.
    chelle said:

First, I have to say I am really impressed with Presswork, so great job everyone and thank you for making it!

Thanks!

chelle said:

I really love how it does not make me feel overwhelmed by theme options, especially when usually they are plugins that already do a great job (ie: contact forms, seo, google analytics, etc.) - and don't need reconfigured every time you change themes!

That was our goal, we're happy you dig it! :)

chelle said:

One thing I noticed today while playing with the demo is the header banner area is one full width section area. It would be nice if there were multiple sections (ie: a left section for the logo and a right section for social icons or advertisements or even a nav. menu).

This is something we are working on now, maybe for version 1, but most like .2 or later. In the interim you will have to get creative with CSS.
    image Co-Founder of PressWork & Senior Designer/Evangelist
  • This will be interesting to see in action. It would definitely benefit the framework if it can co exist with the drag and drop feature. The way I see it the more sections you can create the better. Keep up the good work guys.
  • This would be cool but it is a bit complicated with how things are coded right now. That means it will probably not be a feature in version 1.0 but it is something we are working on for future releases.
    image Senior Developer & Co-Founder of PressWork
  • Yes I would definitely like to see columns/multiple objects next to each other in the header. Maybe the ability to have a half width slideshow in the header instead of the main content.

I also agree that PressWork isn't getting in your way ... I like the way it feels like a super advanced version of twenty eleven :)
  • Yup - a multi-column banner area would be significant, as I don't see that feature much. I'm using the header widgetized area for an easy hack to do that with PressWork now, so I don't have to re-engineer the code.

Ideally, ability to size multiple d&d areas in a horizontal space in the banner would be killer.
    Post edited by skarjune at 2011-10-22 12:23:30