Welcome to PressWork!

Want to ask a question or join the discussion? Great! Join now.

In this Discussion

Header and Menus Disappearing after Updating
  • Hi,

I wanted to move and update my site layout through the front-end toolbox today, and now my header and menus disappear every time I try to save them.

I have tried everything listed in the 'READ THIS Before You Post a Question' and I am still having the problem. The only header that will stay is the PressWork header, but once I save it too disappears.

I also had a slideshow on my site but it stopped working with the new WP update, but I think I saw that was already mentioned. (I just mentioning it in case it wasn't).

Thank you for your help!
    Stacy
  • Thank you @stacymolter this will be solved in version 1.0.4 which is on the way.
    image PressWork Support Moderator
  • Thank you so much!

Sorry WP messed it up, but I'm happy to hear I wasn't loosing my mind.

Thanks again!
  • @cestbibi any word on the updated 1.0.4 version?

cestbibi said:

Thank you @stacymolter this will be solved in version 1.0.4 which is on the way.

• I'm afraid still no release date from Devs.
    image PressWork Support Moderator
  • One more prayer for 1.0.4 to be released soon!
  • Likewise, whenever I hit "Add Widgetized Area" and update, both my primary nav menu and header dissapear entirely. If I add them back in with the front-end toolbar, they dissapear once I hit update (if the widgetized area was added again.)

The area does appear when I hit Add, but after I update, I am left with no header, no primary nav menu and no widgetized area. If I had other things added, I'm guessing they would have dissapeared too.

As a side note, it would be good to implement a 'centre-align widgetized area' feature.
    Post edited by isobaps at 2012-01-05 06:21:54
  • I am having this same issue. But I think updating to WP3.3 is what triggered it. Not having the same issue on 3.2.1, even though I'm using PW 1.03 on both versions.
  • is there a workaround until 1.04 is ready? I can't easily revert back to 3.2.1.
  • If youre looking to get going with WP 3.3.1, check this out http://support.presswork.me/discussion/comment/1376?#Comment_1461