Welcome to PressWork!

Want to ask a question or join the discussion? Great! Join now.

In this Discussion

Not having sufficient permissions to access the Briefcase page.
  • Hi, currently when I attempt to access the Settings page for Briefcase (the link in the Plugins page), I get the error message "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." in a white box with pale grey background.

Details:

- Installed Wordpress fresh through FTP (not Fantastico)

- It is running Wordpress 3.31

- Everything other than Briefcase is working fine (Presswork, child themes, drag and drop, Wordpress functionality)

- I am running Presswork 1.0.4.1 from Brendan's (digibomb's) GitHub

- I installed Presswork through FTP

- The only plugins I have installed are Akismet 2.55, Hello Dolly 1.6, (both of these are not activated) and Briefcase 1.0 which is activated

- I installed Briefcase through FTP, then retried using the Wordpress .zip uploader, but got the exact same issue (no more, no less)

- I do not have any added content, plugins, configurations, etc other than what is in the official .zip download from Wordpress.org and the Briefcase plugin I uploaded and activated

- I did update Akismet (the version difference was minimal- no way this is the cause)

- I use shared hosting from Siteground (please edit that out if it's against rules) and their server is running PHP 5.2.5

- I have given the briefcase directory and all sub-directories 755 permissions with the same result

- I have also tested this on an entirely different server from a different company, with the same result

- I have tested this with Presswork 1.03, Presswork 1.04 Release Candidate and Presswork 1.0.4.1, all with the same result

- This obviously isn't a browser issue, but tested in Chrome 16.0.912.77, Opera 11.61 build 1250, Firefox 10.0, Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

- Clicking the Briefcase button in the sidebar works, by the way.

- Please change the link in briefcase.php, line 78 from

options-general.php?page=briefcase/briefcase.php

to

admin.php?page=briefcase

or even

options-general.php?page=briefcase/

- Please make the one line find and replace and release Briefcase 1.01 or 1.1 with the other changes you've been working on already.

I hope that narrows things down.
    Post edited by isobaps at 2012-02-06 22:13:37
  • Thanks for the feedback. I have added this into the next release. The Briefcase page is actually located at admin.php?page=briefcase.
    image Senior Developer & Co-Founder of PressWork