Welcome to PressWork!

Want to ask a question or join the discussion? Great! Join now.

In this Discussion

How can my readers Subscribe by Email?
  • Hi everyone, I thought usually there was a widget that allowed readers to subscribe by email but I guess it's not available with PressWork. I am trying to figure out a way that readers can receive notification every time I update my blog. Can anyone please tell me the best way to go about this? Thanks a lot.
  • I think that's a WordPress thing...
  • Look for a plugin in the WordPress.org Plugin directory.
    image Senior Developer & Co-Founder of PressWork
  • The two simplest ways are with Jetpack - an absolute no-brainer; just install it and it's one of the options. The other way is with Feedburner, and the easiest way to do that is to get a Google Apps account for your domain, which you should have anyway. It's the simplest and most secure way to do a bunch of things that make you look like a serious organization, whether a nonprofit or a business, and you get ten email addresses - nine plus the superadmin, if that's not you, FREE.

Once you're on Google Apps, you'll have a straight ramp onto Google Analytics and to Feedburner, and the rest is pretty much a matter of clicking where they tell you to.

I'm brand-new to this community, so I don't want to impose, and frankly I do it by feel* - but if you're interested, I can make a screencast and post it somewhere you and anyone else who'd like to know how to do this can see the resulting video.

*I remember once when my kids were little, I got asked for driving directions. I said, "Sure! Just go down . . . uh . . . a bunch of streets I don't know the names of ..."

All the best,

Mary Baum